In French & Francophone Studies at Illinois Wesleyan,
we'll ask you: "Qu'est-ce qui t'inspire?"
How will you answer?
Pursue your passions. Become a global citizen.
Study French at IWU.
Welcome to the homepage of the French & Francophone Studies Program (FFS), in the department of French and Italian Languages and Literatures at Illinois Wesleyan University. From our small class sizes to our study abroad possibilities, the French & Francophone Studies Program provides an environment where students are encouraged to grow both as individuals and as members of a rapidly expanding global community.
As you browse our pages, feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions or comments concerning our courses, our programs for majoring or minoring in French & Francophone Studies, our study abroad options, or anything else. Click here to view a printable e-brochure about our program.
Departmental Phone Number: 309/556-3044
Departmental FAX Number: 309/556-3284
Buck Memorial Library, home to the French and Francophone Studies program.
- French 302 : Advanced Expression II: The Written Medium
- French 312: French Cinema
- French 303: Introduction to Literature I: Individual and Society
- French 316: French Civilization II: Renaissance to Revolution
- French 408: Studies in Francophone Literature
- French 301: Advanced Expression I: Oral Communication
- French 310: Business French
- French 304: Introduction to Literature II: Ideals of Love
- French 318: French Civilization III: France since the Revolution
- French 407 : Studies in Medieval and Renaissance Literature
Considering study abroad or teaching in France?
See the blogs below!
Click here to read Emily Steele's blog. Emily is a '14 alumna who studied abroad in Belgium in spring '13.
Click here to read Sam Welch's blog. Sam is a '12 IWU alumnus who taught in Martinique in '13-14.
Click here to read Sam Krueger's blog. Sam is a '12 IWU alumna who taught in France in '12-13, and then was a Peace Corps volunteer in Mozambique.