Our pre-veterinary graduates have been accepted by some of the top veterinary institutions
in the country, including Colorado State University, Tufts University, University
of Illinois, University of Minnesota, and the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
At Illinois Wesleyan, we will provide you with the strong undergraduate background
in science needed to pursue graduate study in veterinary school.
Our faculty will give you the help and support you need to enter the professional
program of your choice.
Pre-Veterinary Medicine at Illinois Wesleyan — Our Advantages
- Active involvement in every aspect of your education, including frequent in-class
discussions and the ability to work with top-quality scientific equipment in the labs.
- The opportunity to pursue independent research projects under the supervision of Ph.D.
- When applying to veterinary school, you will work closely with faculty members to
obtain personalized letters of recommendation.
Veterinary internships give you a practical introduction to the duties and demands of a veterinary career.
▷ Printable Brochure
A Sampling of Courses Related to Pre-Veterinary Medicine:
- General Biology
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- General Physics
- Chordate Comparative Anatomy
- Invertebrate Zoology
- Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Molecular Genetics
- Developmental Biology
- Plant and Fungal Diversity
- Animal Physiology
Recent student internships include:
- Brookfield Zoo
- Miller Park Zoo (Bloomington)
- Field Museum (zoology internship)
- Veterinary offices
- Interquest Detection Canines
- University of Florida (research)
- University of New Hampshire (research)
- Primate center in South Africa
Pre-requisites and Program Guide
Michele Darnell, Biology and Pre-Health Career Advisor