Applying for Admission
It's a great time to apply...our application and financial aid process is in full swing! ALL completed applications received by January 31, 2018 will be reviewed and "decided upon" by February 15, 2018.
You can find basic admission criteria and requirements here.
Students interested in admission to Illinois Wesleyan University must submit:
- One of the following applications (there is no fee with any application, and one application is not preferred over another):
- Transcripts for all previous high school and/or college coursework
- An ACT or SAT score (International students whose first or native language is not English are also required to submit either the TOEFL or IELTS.)
- Students who apply through the IWU Application must submit a teacher evaluation or recommendation, which can be done either through the online application portal or by regular mail. For students using the Common Application, the evaluation that is part of the School Report serves as the required recommendation, although other recommendations can be submitted through a Common Application account or by regular mail.
For those who prefer a paper application, a printable version of the application is available here.
Students can submit an application under Regular Decision at any time. Decisions for students applying under Regular Decision are mailed after December 15th. Students admitted under Regular Decision have until May 1st to make a college selection.
Early Action (non-binding)
Students who submitted all required application materials by November 15th are eligible for consideration. Early Action decisions are sent out between November 15th and December 15th. Students admitted under Early Action still have until May 1st to make a college selection. Some students who apply under Early Action may be deferred to the Regular Decision process to allow the Admissions Committee to request and consider updated information.
Fine Arts Applicants
- If you are planning to major in music, an audition is required before you can be admitted to the School of Music.
- If you are planning to pursue the Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree in acting or musical theatre in the School of Theatre Arts, you are required to submit a pre-screen audition through Acceptd.
- If you are planning to pursue the Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree in design and technology in the School of Theatre Arts, you are required to present a portfolio to the School of Theatre Arts faculty.
- If you are planning to pursue the Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in theatre arts, you are required to interview on campus with the School of Theatre Arts faculty.
- If you are planning to pursue the Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree in the School of Art, you are required to present a portfolio.
- If you are planning to pursue the Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in the School of Art, a portfolio review is not required, but it is an option for talent scholarship consideration.