Each IWU college or school (College of Liberal Arts, College of Fine Arts, School of Nursing) looks for different strengths and abilities when reviewing applicants' credentials. However, all applicants are recommended to have:
- Fifteen (15) academic units within the areas of English, foreign language, mathematics, laboratory science and social science.
- A cumulative grade-point average of B or higher.
- Well-written personal essays.
- Student activities in school and community.
- Results of the SAT or ACT showing comparable aptitude to grade-point average, class rank and preparation. Scores from these tests will be accepted from high school transcripts. The ACT writing component is not required, but it will be accepted as supplemental information to an application. For specific information on standardized test requirements and high school coursework, contact a member of the Admissions Staff.
- TOEFL scores for international students.
The School of Nursing expects maximum preparation in the laboratory sciences and mathematics.
Entrance to the Schools of Music and Theatre Arts is based on performing auditions and/or interviews, and the School of Art highly encourages a portfolio review. Auditions and portfolio reviews can be scheduled during the academic year by calling the Admissions Office at 1-800-332-2498 or 1-309-556-3031.
Information regarding accommodations for students with disabilities is available on the Disability Services Website.
IWU does not charge an application fee.