Requirements (click here for downloadable checklist)
Students must take a minimum of 11 courses, at least four of which are at the 300-level or above including the following (*check prerequisites):
Required Core Courses (8 total)
- ENST 100 - Environment and Society
- ENST 230 (formerly 110) - Earth Systems Science
- BIOL 324* (formerly 217) - Principles of Ecology
- ENST 200 - Introduction to Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- BIOL 323* (formerly 209) - Biostatistics and Experimental Design
- ENST/BIOL 321* - Conservation Biology and Restoration Ecology
- Ethics requirement - either PHIL 301 (formerly 302) Ethics and the Environment or ENST/PSCI 365 - Ethical Dilemmas in Environmental Politics
- ENST 480* - Senior Seminar: Creating a Sustainable Society
Elective Courses (3 total)
- Two elective Ecology courses from the approved list (see below).
- One elective Humanities and Social Science course from the approved list (see below)
Depending on their career interests, and in consultation with the concentration advisor,
students should also consider taking CHEM 201, 202, 311, 312 and PHYSICS 105 and 106.
No more than one internship (ENST 397) may count toward the major.
Ecology (approved elective courses - 2 required)
Humanities and Social Science (approved elective courses - 1 required)