Environmental Policy Major
Requirements (click here for downloadable checklist)
Students must take a minimum of 11 courses, at least four of which are at the 300-level or above including the following (*check prerequisites).
Required Core Courses (7 total)
- ENST 100 - Environment and Society
- ENST/BIOL 120 - Ecology and Environmental Problems
- ENST 230 (formerly 110) - Earth Systems Science
- ENST/PSCI 260 - American Environmental Politics
- PSCI 341* Congress and the Legislative Process or SOC 367 Environmental Sociology
- Research methods requirement - one of the following:
- Ethics requirement: either PHIL 301 (formerly 302) Ethics and the Environment or ENST/PSCI 365 - Ethical Dilemmas in Environmental Politics
- ENST 480* - Senior Seminar: Creating a Sustainable Society
Elective Courses (3 total)
- Two elective Environmental Policy courses from the approved list (see below).
- One elective Natural Science course from the approved list (see below).
No more than one internship (ENST 397) may count toward the major.
Environmental Policy (approved elective courses - 2 required)
Only one of these electives may be ENST 250, 397, 450 or 451.
** This course may count as an additional environmental policy elective only if not
taken to fill one of the required courses for the concentration.
- See more at: http://www.omniupdate.com/servlet/OX/preview?site=www&path=%2Fenviron%2Fcourses%2Fgeneral.pcf&local=false#sthash.tHWP5oAM.dpuf
Natural Science (approved elective courses - 1 required)