IWU students in the pre-engineering program have 5 unique paths to complete their
- Graduate from IWU with a 4-year degree and go directly into an engineering job.
- 3-2 Program.
- At the end of your 3rd year at IWU, enter into our 3-2 program for an additional 2
years and either get a dual degree or specialization at one of our partner schools,
or a school of your choosing.
- This is not a transfer. With the 3-2 program, you will have two bachelor's degrees:
one from IWU and one from the other school you attend.
- We have special affiliations with Case Western Reserve (Cleveland), Washington University (St. Louis), Columbia University (New York City) which means you are virtually assured dual-degree admission if you
meet all requirements for the engineering curriculum at the affiliated school.
- 3-3 Program.
- Attend IWU for 3 years, then attend one of our partner schools, or a school of your
choosing, for 3 more years. At the end of the 6 years, you'll have earned 2 bachelor's
degrees (one from IWU and one from the other school you attend), as well as a master's
degree from the other institution.
- Students who participate in Washington University's 3-3 Engineering Program will enroll
directly into an engineering master's program and an undergraduate engineering program
at WashU after their 3 years at IWU.
- Graduate from IWU with a 4-year degree and go directly into an engineering Master’s
- Get your Ph.D.