Students prepare for a Lakota sweat lodge (inipi) ceremony at Seven Circles Heritage Center as part of an Anthropology Club sponsored field trip.
2014-15 Anthropology Club Officers
Co-President: Kira Miller firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-President: KiriLi Stauch email@example.com
Ongoing Anthropology Club Activities:
- Ethnic Food Outings: students meet at area restaurants to share a Thai, Indian, Mexican, Chinese, Irish, or Japanese meal.
- Students gather to share the experiences they have had while participating in summer archaeological field schools and conducting ethnographic research while studying abroad.
- The annual Spring induction of IWU students into the gamma chapter of the Lambda Alpha Anthropology Honor Society.
- Field trips to the Field Museum, the Mexican Fine Arts Center Museum, China Town in Chicago, and the Spurlock Museum at the University of Illinois.
- The Club sponsors campus lectures by professional anthropologists in various fields of Anthropology.
- "The Graduate School Application Process & Careers in Anthropology" Professors Springwood and Gearhart share strategies for applying to graduate school in Anthropology, and discuss Anthropology-related career options. These sessions are tailored to the students who attend.