Starting a new job is nerve-racking enough. We're here to make the transition easier for you.
Either before or on your first day, you will need to fill out and bring the following documentation.
- Federal W4
- IL W4
- I9 Employment Eligibility Verification
- Documentation to verify your eligibility for employment
If you plan to have your paycheck direct deposited, you will also want to bring a voided check. You will also need to fill out the Direct Deposit Authorization Form.
Meet with HR Representative
During your first week, you will meet with an HR representative to discuss your benefits in-depth. This will take about 2 hours. An HR representative will reach out to you to schedule.
As an Illinois Wesleyan University employee, you are required to have a university identification card. During your first week, your hiring manager will go with you to Campus Safety to have your photo taken and your card created.
During your first week, you will also want to register your vehicle so you can park on campus. You will want to know your vehicle's make, model, and license plate number. Parking rules and regulations can be found on the Campus Safety website.
Authorized parking lots for staff & faculty:
- Center for Natural Science (parking lot at the northwest corner of East and Beecher St.) Vehicles not displaying a Faculty/Staff Decal can be towed Weekdays 7am-5pm
- Center for Natural Science auxiliary lot enforced 24 hours a day (parking lot on the west side of building). Vehicles not displaying a Faculty/Staff Decal can be towed at ALL TIMES
- Gulick parking lot. Vehicles not displaying a Faculty/Staff Decal can be towed Weekdays 7am-5pm.
- Center for Liberal Arts/Hansen Center/Physical Plant (parking lot located between Emerson and Beecher west of Horenberger)
- Pfeiffer parking lot (parking lot between Pfeiffer and IT Service Center)
- IT Support parking (spots located on the North side of IT Service Center)
- Shirk/Natatorium Lot (parking lot on north side of Natatorium)
- Ames Library Parking Lot (Lot to the west of Ames Library, eight spots on south side of drive)
- Ames Plaza West five posted spots
- Minor Myers, jr. Welcome Center parking lot
- Holmes Hall Parking Lot
- Sesquicentennial Parking Lot at the SE corner of Graham and Park Street
Phones & Email
- The prefix for on-campus numbers is 556.
- If you're dialing out of a Mitel phone on-campus to another on-campus number, you don't need to use the prefix.
- Dial 7 for an outside line. Read more about the Voicemail and Phone Commands for the Illinois Wesleyan phone system.
- To access your email, go to gmail.iwu.edu/ and use your NetID to login (NetID: the portion of your email address before the @iwu.edu).
Calendar, Holidays, & Events
- Physical Plant - service requests are handled through Asset Essentials. Follow the Requester Guide for steps on how to submit a request through Asset Essentials.
- Room Scheduling
- Sodexo - campus catering, cafeteria, & Tommy's.
- Staff Council - an elected committee for exempt and non-exempt staff.
IWU By the Letters
Like many workplaces and communities, we frequently use abbreviations. Here are some of the most common ones!
|ARC||Action Research Center||Program|
|BOT||Board of Trustees||Committee|
|CETAL||Council for Excellence in Teaching and Learning||Committee|
|CLA||Center for Liberal Arts||Building|
|CNS||Center for Natural Sciences||Building|
|CUPP||Council on University Policies and Procedures||Committee|
|FDC||Faculty Development Committee||Committee|
|FR||Formal Reasoning||Gen Ed Requirement|
|G||Encountering Global Diversity||Gen Ed Requirement|
|GW||Gateway Colloquium||Gen Ed Requirement|
|IGS||International & Global Studies||Program|
|IT||Intellectual Traditions||Gen Ed Requirement|
|ITS||Information Technology Services||Campus Office|
|JWP||John Wesley Powell||Research Conference|
|LRC||Language Resource Center||Program|
|ODI||Office of Diversity & Inclsuion||Campus Office|
|PAT||Promotion and Tenure Committee||Committee|
|PE||Physical Education||Gen Ed Requirement|
|PSI||Physical Sciences Issues||Gen Ed Requirement|
|PSL||Physical Sciences Lab||Gen Ed Requirement|
|SBDC||Small Business Development Center||Program|
|SEP||Summer Enrichment Program||Program|
|SI||Contemporary Social Issues||Gen Ed Requirement|
|SOM||School of Music||School|
|SON||School of Nursing||School|
|SOTA||School of Theatre Arts||School|
|U||Encountering US Diversity||Gen Ed Requirement|
|UCD||University Council on Diversity||Committee|
|W||Writing Intensive Courses||Gen Ed Requirement|
|WAG||Web Advisory Group||Committee|
|WLLC||World Languages, Literatures and Cultures||Department|