About IWU Campus Safety
The mission of the Illinois Wesleyan University Department of Campus Safety is to:
- Provide for a safe and secure campus
- Enforce security and safety policies of the University
- Protect the lives and property of all members of the University community, guests,
and members of the public on University property.
- Ensure crime investigation, detention, and referral to law enforcement.
- Work in harmony with public authorities and community organizations, while safeguarding
the rights of all within the Wesleyan community.
- Administer IDs and badging, parking services and enforcement, vehicle safety programs,
safety training and awareness, and additional services as needed to support life safety
and property safety within the Illinois Wesleyan Community.
- Support the unique culture and learning environment of Illinois Wesleyan University
in the provision of safety and security on campus.
- 24-Hour Campus Safety Services include:
- Emergency Response: Campus Safety Dispatch (309)-556-1111
- Campus patrol
- Building lockout/emergency key service
- Crime reporting, investigation, and referral to law enforcement
- Safety escorts
- Vehicle jump service
- Emergency phone (Blue Box) response
- Coordination with first responder agencies
- Business Hours Campus Safety Services (8:30am-4:00pm):
- Lost and found (Memorial Center only*)
- Parking passes and replacements
- Student, staff, and faculty keycards (ID badges)
- Lost keycard replacement
- University motor vehicle training and certification (fleet vans)
- Security requests for planned events
Campus Safety Contact Information
Phone: 309-556-1111 (Main Office/Dispatch)
Office Location: Memorial Center, 104 E University Ave, Bloomington, IL
Mailing Address: PO Box 2900, Bloomington, IL 61702
To make an online confidential or anonymous report of sexual or gender-based misconduct, click here.