Minor in English
Don’t think you want to major in English, but you have a strong interest in literature?
Why not minor? The English minor can be a great addition to any course of study because
it helps students gain skills in writing, critical analysis, and comprehension— skills
that could benefit any major field.
To minor in English, six course units selected from the departmental offerings are
English 280 Understanding Literature
- Two lower division courses:
- One course must be from from 220-259
- One additional course from among the following:
- Two additional courses in literature at the 300/400 level
- One additional course unit in writing or literature at the 100, 200, or 300 level
For more information on requirements for the minor, please refer to the University’s
catalog or our English Minor Checklist.
Declaring the English Minor
To declare English as your minor you will need to go to the Registrar’s Office (Holmes
Hall 110) and fill out the proper Minor Declaration form. You will also need to fill
out a pink Declaration form at the English House for record in the English Database.