Sigma Tau Delta
The Alpha Eta Pi Chapter of the International English Honor Society is an active award-winning
chapter that accepts members based on a high GPA and class rank. To be invited to
join, students have to be English majors/minors who have taken ENGL 280 Understanding
Literature; they also need to rank within the top 35 percent of their graduating class
and have a 3.6 GPA or better in their English courses.
IWU’s chapter of Sigma Tau Delta runs the annual MUSE literary conference, organizes
philanthropy projects, holds colloquia about student and faculty projects, and arranges
book club discussions, among other projects.
1. Must be majoring or minoring in English
2. Must have a minimum of 2 college courses in English beyond the usual Gateway requirement.
3. Must have a B or equivalent average in English
4. Must rank in the highest 35% of his/her class in general scholarship
5. Must have completed at least 3 semesters of coursework
Congratulations to the Sigma Tau Delta new members!
On Sunday, February 9, the English honor society, Sigma Tau Delta, welcomed tmembers.
2020 Sigma Tau Delta Inductees with the Sigma Tau Delta Executive Board
From left to right:
Katherine Cavender '21, Danielle Ponsot '21, Isabel Sperry '22, Yovana Milosevic '21,
Gillian Thomson '22, Gabrielle Ghaderi '21, Adam Cady '20, Vi Kakares '20, Jonathan
Recchia '20, Matt Dinelli '22, Gia Joyce '21, Erin Burnison '21,Maya Manzonelli ’21,
Emma Cottrell '21