Criminal Background Checks for Clinical Experience Placements
Local districts require IWU clinical students to complete a name-based criminal background
check prior to the first day of placement.
District 87 & Unit 5 Criminal Background Check (CBC) Procedures.
$8.00 cash paid at District 87 office
Valid for one school year
$8.00 paid online
Valid for 12 months
Step 1: Print and complete the 3 Disclosure Forms found at the site below.
Step 1: Pay $8.00 at Unit 5 online payment link found at the site below; save receipt.
D87 Criminal Background Check Disclosure Forms
Unit 5 online payment link
Step 2: Bring to District 87 Office at 300 E. Monroe, Bloomington, IL, 61701:
*During the spring 2021 semester only, completed paperwork, a copy of DL or State
ID, and a check for $8.00 made out to Bloomington Public Schools may be mailed to
the address listed above.
- Completed D87 Disclosure Forms
- Driver’s License or State ID
- $8.00 fee – exact cash only; save receipt
Step 2 : Email email@example.com for a link to the Unit 5 Background Check site.
Open the Background Check site:
- Choose "Clinicals" and enter..
- Purpose = Clinical Observation
- Name & address listed on your Driver’s License
- Your Driver’s License & Social Security number
Step 3: Receive a clearance email from the District 87 office when your criminal background
check has been approved. Bring clearance email with you to placement.
Step 3: Begin your clinical experience 24 hours after you have completed steps 1 and 2 listed
District 87 Schools
- Bloomington High School
- Bloomington Jr. High School
- Bent, Irving, Oakland, Sheridan, Stevenson, Washington (Elementary Schools)
Unit 5 Schools
- Normal Community, Normal Community West (High Schools)
- Chiddix, Evans, Kinsley, Parkside (Junior High Schools)
- Benjamin, Brigham, Carlock, Fairview, Fox Creek, Glenn, Grove, Hoose, Hudson, Northpoint,
Oakdale, Parkside, Pepper Ridge, Prairieland, Sugar Creek Towanda (Elementary Schools)
- Complete the criminal background check process by the second week of class.
- Allow 2 weeks for district to complete the criminal background check process.
- If placed in a district other than D87 or U5 contact district office for criminal
background check procedure.
- IWU students are responsible for fees associated with criminal background checks.
- Districts cannot share criminal background checks.
- Students who do not comply will be removed from placement.
- District requirements are subject to change.