Example Course Plan
Theatre Arts Sample Course Plan
Acting Sample Course Plan
Music Theatre Sample Course Plan
Design & Technology Sample Course Plan
Music Theatre Course Plan (first 3 semesters)
This is an example course plan based on the 2021-2022 University Catalog; your actual
schedule may deviate from this example. Your faculty advisor will work with you to
select appropriate courses.
As an IWU student, it is your responsibility to track your progress each semester
towards completing graduation requirements using the MyIWU degree audit tool.
* Students pursuing the BFA (Music Theatre) must take one of the following three courses:
THEA 110, 112, or THEA 114 in either fall or spring semester (total of 0.5 units for
** Student will be allowed to register only after the examination.
*** It is strongly recommended that all Music Theatre majors take a May Term and register
for either a course which fulfills a general education requirement or THEA 391 (audition
*** Student will be allowed to register only after the examination.
For students interested in studying abroad, the recommended semester(s) is fall or
- All Theatre Arts majors - BA, BFA Acting, Design & Technology and Music Theatre must
take Gateway in the first fall semester.
- The Arts (AR) general education requirement is fulfilled by THEA 241 in the second
or third year.
- The Cultural & Historical Change (CHC) general education requirement is fulfilled
by THEA 371 or THEA 372 in the third year.
- Music Theatre majors may take up to 5.5 course units without receiving special permission.