- Hosted speakers with environmental themes annually.
- Sent faculty and student delegates to environmental conferences.
- Held Non-org regarding sustainability (Dr. Given Harper, 2007).
- Conducted research and provided services for national and international organizations (Dr. Given Harper, Dr. Abigail Jahiel).
- Created environmental studies major and minor.
- Partnered with many study abroad programs centered around environmental studies.
- Helped to create a Dumpster Dive program.
- Helped organize a three day workshop for faculty, staff and administration in 2006 on “Integrating Environmental Sustainability into Education at IWU.”
- Helped create the Green Task Force, which is now the GREENetwork.
- Supervise students on research projects (click here for selected papers) for local sustainability efforts in preparation for future actions.
- Incorporate sustainability within the curriculum.
- Establish “Sustainability Mentor” program with area schools.
Last updated: January 20, 2009