What Can I Do?!?
Quick Tips for Reducing Waste and Reusing Products
- Check out used book and clothing stores
- Donate old books to libraries and schools
- Reuse packing peanuts for mailing
- Avoid disposable products
- Use both sides of the paper
- Share newspaper and magazine subscriptions
- Use rechargeable batteries
- Choose products with less packaging
- Stop junk mail and unneeded magazines
- Buy in bulk
- Turn off the lights when you leave a room
- Turn off water while brushing your teeth or shaving
- Take shorter showers or turn off water while shampooing/soaping
- Best of all, share your tips with others
Purchase a TerraPass
- The average residence hall room sucks up enough energy during the school year to create 6,000 lbs of CO2, the primary greenhouse gas responsible for global warming.
- Purchase a “Dorm TerraPass” or a “Road TerraPass” to offset your living space or automobile use.
....More News & Events