Giving Tuesday “Do Good” Toolkit
Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving celebrated annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Here are four ways to help us keep the “Do Well, Do Good” mantra alive on November 29, 2022.
Questions? Scroll to the bottom of this page for answers to your FAQs, or contact Val Hawkins, Director of Annual Giving, at email@example.com or (309) 556-3127.
- Update your Email Signature
Adding a Giving Tuesday plug in your email signature is an easy, hands-off, and effective way to raise funds for your program!
Here’s how to update your signature:
Open up your gmail inbox.
Tap the Setting icon in the top right corner and then select “See all settings” in the drop down.
Scroll down to “Signature” and add your Giving Tuesday plug into your Default signature.
Be sure to add a link to the Giving Tuesday portal.
Scroll to the bottom and hit “Save Changes.”
Sample email signature copy:
Giving Tuesday is Nov. 29! Please consider making a difference by making a gift to <insert initiative here>.
- Share your Story on Social
Share your Giving Tuesday story on your social media channels! What project or program would you like to fund? Do you have a student to highlight? Share your story and use your own photo or download an image below to help raise awareness (and funds!)
- Follow and Check for Updates
Follow Illinois Wesleyan on social media and regularly check our channels to get updates. Please also share our posts to your feed and/or stories to help spread the word!
- Email, Text and Call for Support
If you’re looking for a more direct way to solicit funds from a specific audience - emails, calls, and texts are the way to go!
You can request contact information for your target audience from Val Hawkins at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your request before Nov. 18.
We created sample email, text messages, and a phone script to help you have the most effective conversation on Giving Tuesday. Please also download our Giving Tuesday images to include in your emails below.
Sample Email, Texts, and Phone Script (Link to Google Doc)
Answers to your FAQs
- When is Giving Tuesday?
Giving Tuesday is celebrated every year on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. This year, it falls on Tuesday, November 29, 2022.
- What does “Do Well, Do Good” mean?
IWU’s 17th president, Minor Myers jr., encouraged all Titans to “Go into the world and Do Well. But more importantly, go into the world and Do Good.”
- How can a donor get an exclusive Minor Myers jr. vinyl sticker
Donors who make a gift of $50 or more through the Giving Tuesday portal will receive an exclusive 2022 Giving Tuesday Minor Myers jr. sticker for their laptop, water bottle, notebook, etc.
- How should donors make a gift on Giving Tuesday?
Please encourage all donors to make their gift online at iwu.edu/giving-tuesday. Donors can also give via phone at 309-556-3091 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Can donors designate a gift to a specific program on Giving Tuesday?
Yes! Here’s how:
- On the giving form, there is a “Designation” field right after they enter the amount of their donation.
- They can choose from a drop down list of options, or choose “write in my designation.”
- Once they select “write in my designation,” another field will appear where they can type in what they would like their donation to support, like academic department, sports team, scholarship, etc.
- Can donors allocate their donations to more than one program (split their gift)?
Absolutely! Donors can allocate their gift up to three unique designations online. They will follow the same steps as above.
- Who should I contact with any Giving Tuesday questions?
Please contact Val Hawkins, Director of Annual Giving, at email@example.com or (309) 556-3127 with any questions before, during, or after Giving Tuesday! Thank you so much for helping us make this a successful giving day!