Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer content

Off-Campus Request

Illinois Wesleyan University is an independent, residential, liberal arts university. 

Students who wish to apply for Off-Campus housing must meet one of the following guidelines:

  • Live six semesters in University-approved housing: residence halls, Greek chapter houses, or semesters abroad
  • Married
  • Over the age of 22
  • Be primary guardian for a child
  • Living locally with parents
  • Extreme medical conditions (permission and documentation necessary through the Office of Student Accessibility Services and ORL)

In any of these cases, permission must be obtained through the Office of Residential Life (and/or Student Accessibility Services) by completing an online request form in MyHousing and further documentation may be required for some claims. For students requesting to commute/live locally with parents, this form also needs to be completed and returned to ORL.

Applications are available through the student's MyHousing Portal and approval will be granted on an ongoing basis, beginning in December each year. Failure to complete an off-campus request or renewal by the stated deadline will result in a $250 late notification charge. For students who choose live off-campus, financial aid is usually limited to tuition and fees.

Requests by Deadline
Rising Seniors who are eligible for off-campus housing (after 6 semesters of on-campus living) March 6th
All other students (New First Year, New Transfer, and Returning students) July 15th


Doug Meyer - Associate Director of Residential Life for Housing Operations

Department - Residence Halls-operations