Summer Housing Information
Limited summer housing is available f or current IWU students only for Summer 2024.
To be eligible for IWU summer housing, students must be in financial good standing with the Business Office, registered for fall classes (recent graduates are not eligible) and fit one of five criteria:
- Taking an IWU Summer Course
- Employed full-time by the University during the period of residence
- Conducting research for a faculty member (approved by Provost)
- International home address
- Participating in the Summer Enrichment Program (SEP)
Students who fall out of compliance with any one of the required criteria will be asked to vacate summer housing within 48 hours.
Summer residence halls will be staffed with Resident Assistants and Office of Residential Life policies and procedures remain in effect throughout the summer term. Summer housing is a privilege, and violations of policy will likely result in termination of a student's housing for the rest of the summer.
Application Dates and Deadlines
The application will be live in the MyHousing portal starting Friday, April 1, through the student's my.iwu.edu account.
For help logging into MyHousing or with the application, check out this video: Completing Housing Application (Note: Video is about a different application, but the same process. You will only need the first part of the video.)
Applications due by Thursday, April 25 at 12:00pm. Late applicants will be accepted and housed if space is available. Students who do not meet one of the above criteria will be considered after the applications everyone else.
Summer housing residents will remain in May Term spaces until ORL designates a time that they will begin moving into their assigned summer spaces (see Moving Timeline below).
The cost of summer housing rent is billed monthly on an "all-or-nothing" basis. A student is staying for all or part of the month will pay the entire month's rent. Summer Rent will be reported to the Business Office within the first five days of the month of residence and will be applied to student accounts as per Business Office procedures.
|Type of Housing
Total of $1047 for Summer 2024
(Billed $349 Per Month for June, July, and August)
Residence Hall (Double room for Summer 2024)
From end of May Term - When students return in August
Note: Students not living in the residence halls for the fall need to check out when students move to Fall residence hall spaces, and are only charged for June and July.
There are a few instances whereby the University will subsidize a portion of students' summer housing charges. These primarily include students participating in faculty-sponsored on-campus research/experiential learning (approved through the Provost's Office) or the Summer Enrichment Program (SEP) through the Office of Diversity and Inclusion. These subsidies will cover the cost of a standard room.
Summer Housing Move-In:
- Students will move into their summer assignments Monday, June 3 & Tuesday, June 4. Keys will be available in the Office of Residential Life, located in the memorial center near the Dug Out from 9am-4:00pm both days.
- Students need to report any damages upon move-in to their Summer room (within 4 days of move in) to ORL. The link will be sent to students with move-in info.
- After moving out all belongings and appropriately cleaning their May assignment room, students need to fill out an express checkout envelope, place their May assignment room key(s) inside the envelope, and either return the envelope/keys to the express checkout box near the hall office or bring them to the ORL office (during business hours between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm).
- Students will move into their fall assignments Sunday, August 4 & Monday, August 5. Keys will be available in the Office of Residential Life, located in the memorial center near the Dug Out from 9am-4:00pm both days.
- Students need to report any damages upon move-in to their Fall room (within 4 days of move in) to ORL. The link will be sent to students with move-out info.
- Students need to fill out an express checkout envelope to return their keys for their Summer assignment and either return envelope/keys to Office of Residence Life during business hours or place them in the express checkout box for the summer hall (room should be appropriately cleaned and all belongings out of the room before they return keys).
***Dates and Hall/Room type subject to change based on University needs***