Council for IWU Women
The Council for IWU Women give time, talent, and resources to support the personal
and professional development of the women of Illinois Wesleyan. The Council exists
to promote democratic citizenship in a global society while working to support the
intellectual and personal growth of women by offering guidance and role models to
the extended university community.
View the most recent CFW Touchpoints Newsletter
Council for Women Expectations:
If interested in engaging with Council for Women, please click on this link to complete
- Open doors of opportunities for women students, including such activities as internships,
graduate study, employment, and civic engagement.
- Mentor women students through sharing your own stories: interfacing may be through
both real-time and electronic communication.
- Model different life choices and present a rich tapestry of the diversity that is
true of the Illinois Wesleyan community.
- Return to the campus at least once per year to engage with students, staff, faculty
and other alumnae.
- Share your time, talent, and financial support in a manner consistent with your means,
in addition to what you already give to the university at large.
IWU women student leaders are invited to apply for a scholarship provided by the Council
for IWU Women. All IWU women students are eligible to apply and one award per class
will be given at the Saturday CFW Summit Luncheon. Learn more and view recipients
The Council for IWU Women Summit combines a series of events that provide women within
the Illinois Wesleyan community opportunities to discuss social topics concerning
women, network with successful alumnae, and channel inspiration to take on leadership
roles in today’s world.
All Summit events are free and open to the Illinois Wesleyan community, alumnae, faculty,
staff and students. Summit activities, scholarships, and meals are funded by Council
for IWU Women members. Learn more
Council for IWU Women Directory