Sample Course Plan - Cellular & Molecular, Pre-Med Interest
Neuroscience Major with Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience Concentration and a Pre-Medicine Interest
Additional Sample Course Plans
All credit earned at IWU, no double counting, no May Term courses
- General education requirements are shown next to the course
- Courses in bold are required for the neuroscience major. These include 13 courses in the major plus any pre-requisite courses outside the program that are necessary to complete major requirements.
- Courses with an asterisk are needed or strongly recommended for medical school and should be taken before the MCAT*
- 9 of 11 upper-level courses are built into the major
- Students will need to ensure that they elect BIOL 410, BIOL 412, PSYC 313, PSYC 321, or PSYC 401 to fulfill W in the major.
300/400-level major elective W
400 level Capstone
- Literature LIT
- Global G
300/400-level major elective
- Intellectual Traditions IT
- Cultural and Historical Change CHC