You can use Google Scholar to search for articles, books, reports and dissertations on the open web. If you're searching Google Scholar on campus, you will see Get This! links to the materials we have access to via our journal subscriptions or catalogs.
From off-campus, you can configure Google Scholar to use Get This! to access IWU materials:
- Go to Google Scholar.
- Click on the Settings wheel in the upper right of the screen.
- Select "Library Links" on the left side.
- In the search box for Institutional Access, search for "Illinois Wesleyan University."
- Click the check-box beside "Illinois Wesleyan University," and then click "Save."
- When you do a search in Google Scholar, you will see Get This! show in your search results. When you click on the Get This! button, you will be taken to the Get This! menu with options for full-text access. You must have a valid IWU NetID/password in order to access IWU subscriptions from off campus.
If these steps do not work, please contact the Library Services Desk at 556-3500.