The Archives contains records of our university history.
|Lackland Band Uniform|
This includes memorabilia (scrapbooks, dance booklets, photographs, the uniform to the right), as well as publications by students, alumni, faculty, and staff.
These items range from the personal to the public; they include first-hand accounts of a nurse in World War I, and artifacts of the first buildings on campus. These are all materials that are relevant to the University's history and are a part of our shared memory.
We have selected a small portion of historical materials to digitize. Click to view and search:
We also have a variety of materials in Digital Commons. These include publications (John Wesley Powell Research Conference materials, Honors Projects, meeting minutes and other permanent records of IWU), some of which do not exist physically in the Archives. Student works in Digital Commons are recommended by faculty or through peer reviewed editorial processes.
The Archives is organized by the categories listed below. More detail is available in the full Finding Aid (caution: large pdf).
1. Board of Trustees
2. Office of the President
3. Other University Administrators (Deans, Provosts)
4. Administrative Offices and Auxiliary Services
5. University Publications and Reports
6. Special Events
8. Departments and Programs
10. Faculty and Staff Governance
11. Student Organizations
12. Alumni Organizations
13. Student and Alumni Biographical Files and Publications
14. Faculty and Staff Biographical Files and Publications
15. Associated Colleges (Hedding, Chaddock Colleges)
16. IWU History
17. Friends and Benefactors
18. Special Formats (CDs, DVDs, VHS, etc.)
19. Awards and Honors
20. Buildings and Grounds