Counseling & Health Services
Counseling & Consultation Services
Short term counseling is provided by licensed counselors and social workers, for a
variety of concerns, including, but not limited to, stress, anxiety, depression, relationship
difficulties, disordered eating, trauma, loss, adjustment, time management, and study
skills. There is no charge to Illinois Wesleyan students for these services.
- Direct counseling services to students (individual and group).
- Indirect consultation with faculty or staff who have concerns about particular students
(e.g., "My advisee seems withdrawn and unmotivated. What should I do?").
- Training and support to Residential Life staff, advisors, and other faculty and staff
who can support student mental health.
- Referrals to Arnold Health Services for prescribing and monitoring antidepressant
and antianxiety medication if needed.
- Outreach/prevention programs to the campus community including topics such as perfectionism,
stress management, sexual assault prevention, and alcohol education.These programs
can be presented to classes, residential hall floor meetings, fraternities/sororities,
or other student organizations.
Learn more on the Counseling & Consultation Services website.
Arnold Health Services is staffed by a Certified Nurse Practitioner and registered
nurses. All services rendered by IWU Health Services are free of charge to students.
All IWU students, regardless of insurance, are welcome to utilize the health center.
Students may be referred to specialty providers or to area medical centers for diagnostics
or acute treatment.
Services include but are not limited to:
- Assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of acute health conditions
- Limited medications available at no cost; other prescriptions called into local pharmacies
- Limited diagnostic procedures including uUrinalysis, mono, strep, and influenza tests
- Continuing allergy injections
- Pregnancy Tests
- Family planning including free condoms and prescription of birth control
- For a full list of services, please visit Arnold Health Services' website.