|Congratulations on your upcoming graduation!
Illinois Wesleyan University will celebrate Commencement on Sunday, May 7, 2023.
IWU does not host a December ceremony; however, all Winter 2022 graduates are invited
to participate in the May activities.
Weather permitting, the ceremony will be held outdoors beginning at 1:00 p.m. and
typically lasts for about two hours. In the event of heavy rains or severe weather
alerts, we will relocate the ceremony indoors to the Shirk Center on campus. There
are no tickets required or guest limits for the ceremony.
Commencement Checklist for Grads
|In order to participate in Commencement, students need to complete the following:
- Review your Degree Audit in Banner Self-Service. If there are any red circles or brown exclamation marks, please take care of any
outstanding issues. If you have substitutions, get those submitted as soon as possible.
If you have questions, contact email@example.com.
- Send a voice recording of your name pronunciation by February 28th, 2023. All participants are required to submit the name recording,
even if you feel your name is easy to pronounce. Detailed instructions were emailed
to you on January 11th. If you need them sent again, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Order cap and gown
- Rental cost of cap and gown is covered by the University.
- Ordering for these items as well as announcements, diploma frames, etc. is available now using this link.
- Deadline to order for on campus pick up is March 10. Deadline for home ship orders
is April 4 (shipping fees apply).
- On campus pick up of cap and gown orders will occur on Thursday, April 13, 2023 from
10 AM - 6 PM in the Hansen Student Center. Students who have conflicts may contact
the IWU Bookstore to make other arrangements.
- Pre-Register for your Graduation Ceremony photos. GradImages will be taking three (3) photos of each graduate - one while crossing the
stage, one receiving their diploma, and a still shot once they have exited the stage.
Receive a coupon for 20% off your entire order when you pre-register before graduation day.
- Leave your mark and support your 2023 IWU Senior Class Gift! Make a gift (suggested amount of $20.23) to help fund a bench on campus.
- Update your contact information so we can stay in touch after graduation.
Welcome to the IWU Alumni Association
|As an IWU alum, you are automatically considered a member of the Alumni Association,
which comes with benefits at no charge.