Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer content

Refund of Credit on Student Account

When an actual credit appears on your account (after actual charges/financial aid are applied to the account in September and January) you are entitled to a refund for the credit amount.

Students Receiving Federal Title IV Funds: for Title IV Funding (Pell Grant, SEOG, Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans, Perkins Loan, or PLUS Loans), federal regulations require the University obtain written authorization from you as to the disposition of funds on your student account in excess of tuition, fees and room and board charges. Please note: your student account may not generate excess funds.

If you have Federal Funds we encourage you to go to your Banner Self Service account to tell IWU how you want any excess funds used should your student account have an overage. (Federal Pell Grant, Federal SEOG, Parent Plus Loan, Federal Stafford Loan (subsidized/unsubsidized). If you have answered these questions online and want to make a change, complete the Refund Disclosure Change Form below and email it to the Business Office,

Students Not Receiving Federal Title IV Funds: may request a refund by completing the Student Account Refund Request form. You may download the form and forward the signed form to the Business Office.

Refund Disclosure Change Form

COVID-19 Refund Information

Student Account Refund Request

You may mail the forms to:

Illinois Wesleyan University
Business Office – Student Accounts
P.O. Box 2900
Bloomington, IL. 61702-2900

or Email the form to: