Faculty/Staff Payroll FAQ

When are time sheets for  non-exempt staff (bi-weekly payroll) due? Bi-weekly time sheets must be approved and turned into the Business Office by 10:00 A.M. on Monday of the pay week.  (Dates are subject to change to accommodate holidays)

When are pay requests for exempt staff (monthly payroll) due? Pay requests must be turned into the Business Office by the 12th of the month to be processed for payment on the 20th of the month. (Dates are subject to change to accommodate holidays)

How often can I change my tax withholding? You can change your tax withholdings anytime by filling out a new W-4.  All changes must be in the Business Office by the time sheet / pay request deadlines stated above to be processed on the next payroll.

When do I qualify for overtime? IWU pays overtime when total hours to be paid for a calendar week exceed 40 hours.

Can I make changes to my supplemental annuity contribution? Yes, but you must go through Human Resources to make changes to your retirement account contribution.

When can I change my medical or dependant care flexible spending withholding? Changes to your flexible spending can be made at the beginning of each calendar year. Forms are to be completed in December prior to the calendar year. There are certain circumstances which would allow a change to be made to your flexible spending. Please contact Human Resources for further details.

I lost my paycheck what do I do? Paychecks can be reissued after a stop payment has been placed on the lost check. The person who lost the check incurs a charge equivalent to the fee assessed by the payroll processor to void the check.

How long must I wait for a replacement check? A check normally must be outstanding for 30 days from the date of issue before the Business Office places a stop payment on the check. A replacement check will then be issued in the next pay cycle.