Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement
Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement, is the information that colleges and universities
are required to issue for the purpose of determining a student’s eligibility for an
education credit on tax returns.
Students will have electronic access to the form and/or receive a paper copy by January
31st each year. Students can access their Form 1098-T through the MyIWU Portal by
following the instructions provided below.
- Log in to MyIWU.
- Click on Banner Self Service.
- Click on the Student Menu.
- Click on 1098-T Tax Reporting.
- Next to Select Tax Year enter the tax year, and click “Submit.”
- Once you have accessed your Form 1098-T, you can print it. You can also view the details
behind the numbers on your form at the bottom of the screen.
Illinois Wesleyan University cannot provide tax advice. To determine your eligibility
for an educational tax credit, please refer to irs.gov and see IRS Publication 970: Tax Benefits for Education, Form 8863: Education Credits,
and discuss any potential tax implications with your tax advisor.