Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement
Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement, is the information that colleges and universities are required to issue for the purpose of determining a student’s eligibility for an education credit on tax returns.
Students will have electronic access to the form and receive a paper copy by January 31st each year. Students can access their Form 1098-T through the MyIWU Portal by following the instructions provided below.
- Log in to MyIWU.
- Click on Banner Self Service.
- Click on the Student Dashboard.
- Click on Student Tax Notification.
- Click on Select Tax Year and choose the appropriate tax year.
- Once you have accessed your Form 1098-T, you can print it. You can also view the details behind the numbers on your form at the bottom of the screen.
Illinois Wesleyan University cannot provide tax advice. To determine your eligibility for an educational tax credit, please refer to irs.gov and see IRS Publication 970: Tax Benefits for Education, Form 8863: Education Credits, and discuss any potential tax implications with your tax advisor.