Manager of Custodial Services
The Manager of Custodial Services is responsible for all custodial services operations
and staff. This includes hiring, training and performance management; procures materials
and services; assists with development and implementation of departmental policies,
procedures and goals; manages custodial inventory and University event support unit;
maintains service level agreements with campus customers. This is a full time, on-campus position. Generous benefits include health, retirement,
considerate time off and tuition assistance.
- Personnel Management and Supervision; supervise approximately 40 direct reports, custodial
Assistant Supervisors and Level II custodians; conducts ad-hoc inspections and cleaning
audits to ensure compliance with service level agreements; manages staffing, ensures
coverage, approves leave, manages daily staff assignments; manages discipline and
- Human Resources; responsible for hiring, training staff and motivating subordinates;
develop training programs, provides coaching and mentoring to Assistant Managers and
Level II custodians
- Operations Management; develops and maintains custodial cleaning and performance models
to ensure resources are being used efficiently; develops written cleaning service
level agreements and rubrics; manages specialized wood floor care and maintenance
programs; develops cleaning techniques to improve efficiencies
- Fiscal Management; manages custodial operations budget; manages inventory and equipment
purchasing agreements for specialty contractors; creates cost controls and monthly
analysis of expenditures; manages overtime for custodial services
- Inventory Management; manages inventory system; analyzes use patterns and inventory
issues; prepares bid for materials and equipment purchases to provide best value for
- Event Support; manages event support for University; coordinates with customers and
ensures adequate staffing and timely delivery of services
- High school diploma/GED
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience
- ISSA Cleaning Certification preferred
- Demonstrated management skills, ability to coach, mentor and provide performance feedback
- Knowledge of cleaning techniques, equipment and staffing models; knowledge of basic
- Application of cleaning products, equipment and methods.
- Basic computer knowledge including Word and Excel
- Valid Driver's License
- Constantly requires standing, walking, climbing stairs and traveling from building
to building multiple times a day. Occasionally requires lifting up to 50lbs.
Please download the application at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/job-openings/. Review of applications will begin immediately and the position is open until filled.
Send applications to:
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N. Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment physical and background investigation.
Per the Governor's August 26, 2021 Executive Order regarding COVID-19 vaccination, personnel in the higher education setting will need
to either provide proof of vaccination, or apply for a medical/disability or religious
exemption. All those not fully vaccinated will be required to participate in weekly
COVID testing on our campus.
Illinois Wesleyan University does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship
for this position. Candidates must reside and be legally authorized to work in the
United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment
Illinois Wesleyan University is committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering
a diverse, inclusive, and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students.
We seek candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to supporting and further building
our community in these dimensions. Illinois Wesleyan University is an EEO Employer.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html. Illinois Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
and inclusive excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity.