Director of Campus Safety
The Director of Campus Safety is responsible for maintaining a safe inclusive environment that is conducive to living, learning, and working . This is a full time, on-campus position set to begin July 1. Generous benefits include health, retirement, considerable time off and access to multiple tuition scholarship programs for employees and dependents.
- Provide direction and leadership to the Campus Safety division: develop initiatives designed to address the safety and risk management needs of the campus community; represent the University, internally and externally, in matters pertaining to campus safety; liaison with local law enforcement, fire and emergency personnel
- Serve as the University liaison with outsourced campus safety service: ensure that all terms and conditions of the contract between IWU and the vendor (PerMar) are adhered to
- Assist with Emergency Preparedness and Risk Management initiatives: monitor best practices for emergency management and develop appropriate responses; develop annual emergency response table-top exercises; consult with faculty and staff regarding emergency preparedness and risk
- Provide administrative leadership: administer department budget, ensure compliance with applicable federal laws and prepare annual ASR/Fire Clery report; coordinate and conduct training; conduct safety and security audits; hire, train, supervise 2.5 IWU staff working in Campus Safety
- Bachelor’s degree required, or a combination of education, experience and accomplishment.
- 7 years experience in law enforcement or security required.
Please download the application at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/Positions.html. Please include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Review of applications will begin June 16; position is open until filled.
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N. Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Fax: 309-556-1710 (please use cover sheet)
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Illinois Wesleyan University is committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse, inclusive, and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to supporting and further building our community in these dimensions. Illinois Wesleyan University is an EEO Employer. Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html. Illinois Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusive excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity