Assistant Director of Instructional Technology
Information Technology Services
The Assistant Director of Instructional Technology ensures that the University’s fully
online and hybrid programs are distinctive and on the forefront of practice in instructional
design for online teaching and learning. This is a full time, on-campus position. Generous benefits include health, retirement,
considerable time off and tuition assistance.
- Instructional Design; collaborate with faculty to create interactive and engaging digital instructional
materials; design course templates consistent with IWU academic objectives and industry
best practices; instruct and assist faculty with implementation of instructional materials
in the Learning Management System (LMS); leverages effective instructional strategies
and relevant instructional resources to positively impact student achievement
- Faculty and Instructional Support; partner with academic departments as they develop curricula, promoting instructional
approaches to interactive and engaging assignment design; support student success
in IWU’s fully online and hybrid programs
- Guide and instruct Instructional Support Interns/Graduate Assistants; participate in ongoing training and mentoring of interns/GAs
- ITS Support; contribute to resolution of service requests for teaching and learning technology
(Respondus, Moodle); participate in campus wide IT Projects
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in related field preferred (Instructional
Technology, Information Technology, Education)
- Minimum of three years’ relevant experience; preference for experience in higher education
instructional design role
Please download the application at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/job-openings/. Feel free to include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional
references. Review of applications will begin immediately; position is open until
filled. Send applications to:
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N. Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship
for this position. Candidates must reside and be legally authorized to work in the United States at the
time of hire. Continued employment is conditioned upon maintaining work authorization
throughout the employment term.
Illinois Wesleyan University is committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering
a diverse, inclusive, and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students.
We seek candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to supporting and further building
our community in these dimensions. Illinois Wesleyan University is an EEO Employer.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at https://www.iwu.edu/title-ix/sexual-misconduct-policy.html. Illinois Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
and inclusive excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity.