Assistant Director of Innovation and Instructor of Entrepreneurship
Design, Technology and Entrepreneurship (DTE)
The primary role of this instructional staff position within DTE is to teach classes
in entrepreneurship and provide administrative support for the innovation-related
co-curricular activities. This position will manage a variety of projects and programs
related to increasing the entrepreneurial spirit on campus. Originally posted as a 10-month position, this has been changed to a 12-month position.
- Teach three entrepreneurship classes over the course of a year. Maintain office hours
for three course load per year.
- Advise entrepreneurship majors as needed
- Mentor/supervise students in independent study course and internship courses as needed
- Develop a strategic plan for all three key shareholders; prospective students, current
students/faculty/staff, and alumni/friends of the university.
- Manage and maintain innovation-related co-curricular activities:
- Funding events: 3 Day Startup event, IWU Entrepreneurship Fellowship, and monthly
Get Started events
- Student trips: Fall break trip and semester trip
- Alumni engagement: Leadership Circle and Alumni Entrepreneurship Society
- Weekly workshops
- Provide clerical support:
- Manage DTE budget and financial reporting
- Track expenses and order inventory as needed
- Assist in clerical support with guest speakers and meetings as needed.
- Manage 3rd party internship opportunities for students:
- Assist in the Airbnb 3rd party internship and provide support for students as needed.
- Assist in the Bretford internship and provide support for students as needed.
- Assist in future 3rd party internships as needed
- Requires Master’s degree in Business
- Five years of related work experience, including teaching in a business field
- Experience in strategic planning and launching of new programs. Experience in event
planning and promotion of activities to students. Strong communication skills, Microsoft
Office proficiency, interpersonal and teaching experience.
Please download the application at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/Positions.html. Feel free to include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional
references. The position is open until filled, with first consideration given to
candidates whose materials are complete by November 9, 2020.
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N. Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Fax: 309-556-1710 (please use cover sheet)
Full time, 12-month starting salary is $60,000.
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University is strongly committed to recruiting, supporting, and
fostering a diverse, inclusive, and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff,
and students. We seek candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to supporting
and further building our community in these dimensions. Illinois Wesleyan University
is an EEO Employer.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html. Illinois Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
and inclusive excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity.