Assistant Athletic Trainer
Illinois Wesleyan University, a NCAA Division III institution and member of the College Conference of Illinois & Wisconsin, invites applications for the full-time, 10-month position of Assistant Athletic Trainer. Will include travel, evening and weekend hours. Generous benefits include health, retirement and tuition assistance.
- Assistant Athletic Trainer, clinical role; coordinate injury prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation programs; coordinate injury and treatment records for the ATR, as well as physician groups; Work with insurance companies for claims as needed; communicate and work with professional graduate assistant staff and the care of their specific teams; perform rehab, injury prevention and coverage for assigned teams.
- Administration; assist in policy writing as requested by Head ATC/Healthcare Administrator; comply with documentation of student-athletes injuries and evaluation; communicate frequently with coaching staff to provide rehabilitation and timing of recovery while ensuring safety of student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum of one year experience at the collegiate level or previous work at similar institution
- ATC Certified; Licensure in Illinois
- CPR/AED Certified
- Valid driver’s license
Please submit Cover Letter, Resume, List of Three References and the statement described below to Mindy McCluskey, Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference “Assistant Athletic Trainer” in the subject line.
Review of applicant materials will begin immediately; position is open until filled. Illinois Wesleyan University and the Athletics Department are strongly committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. Applicants should provide a clear statement describing their understanding of inclusion and how their experiences have prepared them to contribute to the IWU commitment of building a diverse and inclusive environment.
Illinois Wesleyan University
302 E. Emerson St.
Bloomington, IL 61701
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation. Per the Governor's August 26, 2021 Executive Order regarding COVID-19 vaccination, personnel in the higher education setting will need to either provide proof of vaccination, or apply for a medical/disability or religious exemption. All those not fully vaccinated will be required to participate in weekly COVID testing.
Illinois Wesleyan University does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must reside and be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. Continued employment is conditioned upon maintaining work authorization throughout the employment term.
Illinois Wesleyan University is committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse, inclusive, and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to supporting and further building our community in these dimensions. Illinois Wesleyan University is an EEO Employer. Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at https://www.iwu.edu/title-ix/sexual-misconduct-policy.html. Illinois Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusive excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity.