Administrative Specialist III
World Languages, Literatures and Cultures (WLLC) and Language Resource Center (LRC)
This position supports the World Languages, Literatures and Cultures (WLLC) department,
and has oversight of the Language Resource Center (LRC). This position directs 12-15
student workers in the LRC, oversees departmental budgets and plans special annual
events. This is a full-time benefits eligible, temporary position. Continuance to be re-evaluated
at the end of the semester (Dec. 11, 2020)
- Provides administrative support to the WLLC department and the LRC.
- Works closely with the chair in all aspects of WLLC and LRC. Supports administrative
needs of faculty. Manages student records. Supports recruiting efforts with high schools
and local community and coordinates alumni outreach.
- Hires, schedules, trains, sets priorities and reviews performance for work study positions
in WLLC and LRC.
- Tracks tutor schedules for all languages. Supervises student interns for Language
School for Kids and other on-campus internship opportunities. Coordinates faculty
- Monitors and maintains records and budgets for WLLC and LRC.
- Tracks tutor engagement with students, collects data and provides weekly attendance
reports to faculty. Administers time cards for all student employees. Processes non-invoice
payments and transfers between budgets. Maintains balanced budget for WLLC and LRC
and monitors department credit card. Tracks endowed professor budget.
- Coordinates all WLLC and LRC events (language conferences, open houses, global library
lectures and exhibits).
- Administers proficiency exams on campus; sets up, proctors and manages records for
exams. Coordinates with the Register’s Office.
- Coordinates services for building maintenance and IT related issues. Maintain general
office supplies and inventory.
- Associate’s Degree, with preference for a Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience
- Working knowledge of office skills concepts, practices and procedures
- Experience working with a diverse group of internal and external customers
Please download the application at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/Positions.html. For full consideration, please submit your application by end of business day Friday,
August 14. Send to:
Illinois Wesleyan University
209 Holmes Hall
1312 Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Fax 309-556-1710, (please include coversheet)
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html
Illinois Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed Diversity
and Inclusive Excellence; details at https://www.iwu.edu/diversity/