Example Course Plan
Hispanic Studies Course Plan (first 3 semesters)
Hispanic Studies New Curriculum
This is an example course plan based on the 2021-2022 University Catalog; your actual
schedule may deviate from this example. Your faculty advisor will work with you to
select appropriate courses.
As an IWU student, it is your responsibility to track your progress each semester
towards completing graduation requirements using the MyIWU degree audit tool.
Choose one of the following depending on language placement scores:
May Term & Summer Term
- A study abroad experience in a Spanish-speaking country is highly recommended for
Hispanic Studies majors and minors.
- Visit the Study Abroad Office and discuss options with your academic advisor.
- If an entering Spanish major does not place out of the basic sequence, then they must
complete the basic sequence before taking SPAN 303.
- SPAN 303 is the prerequisite for SPAN 307 and SPAN 308.
- Students planning to double major in Hispanic Studies and Secondary Education should
also follow the Hispanic Studies/Secondary Education Course Plan.