MyIWU Announcement Policies and Guidelines
Announcements Request Procedure
All announcements are published by the Office of Communications, 100 Shaw Hall, (309)
556-3181 or email@example.com. To submit an announcement, complete this online form.
Business hours for announcement requests are Monday-Friday 8: a.m.-4:30 p.m. Announcement
requests received after 4:30 p.m. will be reviewed and posted on the following business
1. Announcements may run for a maximum of 7 days and may be re-posted by request.
The University reserves the right to delete repeat announcements if space is needed,
and to edit messages for length and content, if appropriate.
2. All announcement requests must be sent from an iwu.edu e-mail account.
3. All announcements must include contact information or an author's or sponsor's
4. Announcements must involve an event, awareness campaign, petition or club sponsored
by an Illinois Wesleyan individual or group. Announcements from organizations without
an IWU affiliation and items of solely personal interest will not be posted.
5. Announcements may not include content, material, or links that, upon viewing, could
create an intimidating, hostile, or offensive learning and/or working environment.
6. Announcements may not be used to promote activities that are illegal, support commercial
activities not associated with the University, or to provide personal financial gain.
7. The University reserves the right to review, suspend, rescind, and/or deny announcement
requests for any reason.
1. Those seeking or offering employment, tutoring, items sought or for sale, homes
or rooms for rent or seeking roommates, may post announcements themselves using the
Classified Ads channel on MyIWU under MyResources.
2. Those with lost or found items should use the Lost and Found channel, also under