Health Center Updates
August 25, 2023
The following updates have been provided to students about campus health staff and
- New staff: Carle Health is providing staffing support for Arnold Health Services. I know you
will enjoy working with Jen Toohill (APN), and a new RN once we’ve completed the hiring
process. AHS is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. To schedule an appointment, please
- Pharmacy: Unfortunately, the Walgreens closest to us is no longer supporting a pharmacy;
however, we are pleased that Carle Hospital has a pharmacy that can fill prescriptions
during daytime hours, M-F, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. When you’re working with our nurses,
please be clear whether you need to fill prescriptions after-hours or on the weekend
so they can refer to an appropriate pharmacy.
- Flu shot/COVID clinic: We are hosting a flu & COVID shot clinic on October 17 & 18. More details to come.
- Fall COVID protocols:
- Vaccination strongly encouraged: Vaccination with the booster remains the best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Vaccinations are highly encouraged!
- Positive tests: Students who test positive for COVID-19 must report the illness to Arnold Health
Services and isolate for the CDC-required 5 days and then mask for 5 days.
- Isolation: Isolation means that you should not go to class, activities or sports; however, you
may gather meals to-go and use common bathrooms. For isolation, please talk with your
roommate(s) about their comfort level with in-room isolation after a positive COVID-19
test. We highly recommend that you isolate off-campus; however, off-campus isolation
will be determined between roommates, based on health needs. We have a minimal number
of on-campus isolation spaces. If your rooming situation requires that you isolate
off-campus because all campus isolation rooms are full, you must isolate off-campus
at your own expense and arrangements.
- New student immunizations: If you have not yet uploaded your immunization records, please do so no later than
September 5 using this link. After this date, a hold may be placed on your account, preventing you from making
class changes or registering for future terms.
Find previous COVID Udpates here.