Senior Art Exhibitions
March 25, 2014
BLOOMINGTON, Ill.— From, Tuesday, April 8 through Tuesday, April 22, Illinois Wesleyan’s
Merwin and Wakeley Galleries in the Joyce G. Eichhorn Ames School of Art building
will feature the annual BFA/BA Senior Exhibitions, showcasing the finest work of 19
graduating seniors. The exhibit will include paintings, drawings, printmaking, photography,
graphic design, ceramics, sculpture and glass.
On Saturday, April 12, a reception with refreshments will be held from 1 to 3 p.m.
at the galleries. An awards ceremony will take place at 1:30 p.m., naming the recipients
of: The Ames Library Purchase Award, The CLA Social Sciences Art Purchase Award, The
Admissions Purchase Award and Senior Exhibition Honors. After the awards ceremony,
at 2 p.m., students who have taken part in the senior critique program will discuss
their artwork as a part of the 25th annual John Wesley Powell Student Research Conference.
Seniors whose work will be on display include:
- Christine Brown, Evanston, Ill.
- Annastasia Calvert, Heyworth, Ill.
- Rebecca Ebben, Gilberts, Ill.
- Rebeccah Erickson, Saint Louis Park, Minn.
- William Frank, Bloomington
- Robert Frank III, Bloomington
- Audrey Ito, Champaign, Ill.
- Agnieszka Kubas, Schiller Park, Ill.
- Keri Leach, Bloomington
- Erica Messerschmidt, Glen Ellyn, Ill.
- Joseph O’Brien, Naperville, Ill.
- Victoria Palacios, Arlington Heights, Ill.
- Kathleen Robertson, Homewood, Ill.
- Emilee Seevers, Cisco, Ill.
- Diane Trevor, Wilmette, Ill.
- Kathryn Thomas, Naperville, Ill.
- Abigail Szunyogh, Strongsville, Ohio
- Lina Meilus, Willowbrook, Ill.
- Tara Simpson, Oswego, Ill.
Gallery hours are Monday through Friday from noon to 4 p.m., with additional hours
of 7 to 9 p.m. on Tuesdays, and Saturday and Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m. The galleries will be closed on April 20 for Easter Sunday. All gallery events are free and open to the public.
For additional information abut the galleries, contact Carmen Lozar, director of the
galleries and adjunct assistant professor, at (309) 556-3391 or email@example.com.
Contact: Tia Patsavas ’16 (309) 556-3181, firstname.lastname@example.org