Juried Student Art Exhibition
Feb. 7, 2014
BLOOMINGTON, Ill.— The Joyce G. Eichhorn Ames School of Art building at Illinois Wesleyan will open its 27th Annual Juried Student Art Exhibition, with a reception and awards presentation on Tuesday, Feb. 11 from 4-6 p.m. in the Merwin and Wakeley Galleries. The reception and the exhibition, which runs through Feb. 27, are free and open to the public.
The exhibition will include paintings, drawings, printmaking, graphic design, photography, ceramics, sculpture and glass. The following is a sample of the awards that will be presented:
- The Mayo Alumni Purchase Award, sponsored by Michael Mayo
- The Sipich Alumni Purchase Award, sponsored by Amber Sipich
- The National Hall Residence Honorary (NRHH Purchase Award)
- President’s Award chosen by Illinois Wesleyan University’s President Richard F. Wilson
- Director’s Award, chosen by Kevin Strandberg, director of the school of art
- The Memorial Center Purchase Prize
The artwork will be located in the Ames School of Art building (6 Ames Plaza West, Bloomington). Gallery hours are Monday through Friday, 12 to 4 p.m., Tuesday, 7 to 9 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, 1 to 4 p.m.
For additional information about the exhibit, contact Carmen Lozar, director of the galleries, at (309) 556-3391.
Contact: Danielle Kamp ‘15 (309) 556-3181, firstname.lastname@example.org