June 3, 2013
BLOOMINGTON, Ill.— Illinois Wesleyan University is set to host its 13th annual Cello
Camp June 23-July 6 as part of the IWU Summer Music Program.
The program, which is open to dedicated cellists of junior high and high school age
from across the United States, will open with a faculty performance on Sunday, June
23 at 7:30 p.m. in Westbrook Auditorium of Presser Hall (1210 Park St., Bloomington).
Faculty for the cello camp will include:
- Ian Maksin – principal, Illinois Symphony Orchestra, recording artist
- Christa Saeger – Quad Cities Symphony Orchestra
- Serafim Smigelskiy – Internationaly acclaimed soloist, principal cellist
- Richard Hirschl – Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Dana Woolard Hughlett – IWU Professor of Cello and Chamber Music
- Nina Gordon – IWU Professor of Cello and Chamber Music; founder and director of the
The two weeks will consist of cello study and daily activities will range from private
cello lessons and master classes along with rehearsals and performances. Participants
will be able to experience other activities, which include singing, international
dance, tennis and swimming. Throughout the camp, students will have several opportunities
to showcase their talents to the public. Student concerts will be held on Sunday,
June 16 at 4 p.m. and Saturday, June 22 at 1 p.m.
The camp will close with the 19th annual Midwest Cello Celebration on Saturday, July
6 at 1 p.m. in Westbrook Auditorium. All performances are free and open to the public.
For additional information go to www.iwu.edu/music/k12/camp.html or contact Professor Nina Gordon via email at email@example.com or by phone at (309) 556-3828.
Contact: Nunzia Martino ’16, (309) 556-3181, firstname.lastname@example.org