Global Health Gala
April 5, 2013
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. – On Sunday, April 7, Illinois Wesleyan will present the fifth annual Global Health Gala. Hosted by FACE AIDS, Global Medical Brigades and the Lamu Center of Preventative Health, the event will take place from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the Young Main Lounge of the Memorial Center (104 University St., Bloomington).
Individual tickets may be purchased for $50, or $380 for an eight-person table. To purchase tickets, contact Associate Professor of Anthropology Rebecca Gearhart at (309) 827-9295 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All proceeds from the event will support fundraising efforts for the three sponsors. The gala will include a variety of speakers and performers. Below is a list of the evening’s activities:
- A “Meet and Greet” will take place with hors d’oeuvres at the global health organization tables with music provided by the IWU Jazz Quartet
- A silent auction will be held, with items such as handcrafted jewelry, baskets and African masks will be available for bidding
- Keynote speaker Wendy Woith, Ph.D., RN, a professor at ISU Mennonite College of Nursing, will speak on international nursing in Russia and Kenya
- An international dinner will feature Caribbean and Swahili influences
- Dancing and music provided by the IWU Jazz Ensemble, directed by Assistant Professor of Music Timothy Pitchford
For further information, contact Gearhart at (309) 556-3921 or at email@example.com.
Contact: Natalya Grabavoy, ‘13 (309) 556-3181, firstname.lastname@example.org