Student Composition Concert
Nov. 29, 2012
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. – The Illinois Wesleyan University School of Music will present a concert of student compositions on Saturday, Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m., in the Westbrook Auditorium of Presser Hall (1210 N. Park St., Bloomington). The performance is free and open to the public.
The first three pieces to be performed have been composed by Professor Joy Doran’s piano class. The composers will perform their own compositions.
Joseph James Bakke will perform Sonata No. 2 in D Major, followed by Jonathan Gholson’s Sputnik1. William Greenlee will then perform his composition, Ascent.
Before the Song Was Done, composed by Samuel Mullooly, will follow with Megan Win on alto, Elena Denny on the violoncello and Matthew Mason on piano. Translated in English, The Snow Falls, composed by David Flowers, will be performed with Kathleen Fincher, Rebecca Blumer and Lauren Rupert on soprano. Win and Rebecca Buechel will be on Alto 1, along with Gwendolyn Akins and Erica Werner on Alto 2. Sean Leeds and Akash Bhatia will be on Baritone.
The final piece will be Under the Leaves, with Fincher on Soprano 1, Blumer and Rupert on Soprano 2, Megan Win and Buechel on Alto 1, Akins and Werner on Alto 2, Leeds and Bhatia on Tenor 1, Devin Johnston and Evan Dolan on Tenor 2, Eric Sepulveda on Bass 1 and Aaron Woodstein on Bass 2.
Information regarding the participants:
- Joseph James Bakke, a freshman orchestral instruments major from Puyallup, Wash.
- Jonathan Gholson, a sophomore music composition major from Elgin, Ill.
- William Greenlee, a sophomore music composition major from Western Springs, Ill.
- Megan Win, a freshman music and psychology double major from Frankfort, Ill.
- Elena Denny, a freshman music and business administration double major from Chicago
- Matthew Mason, a freshman piano performance major from Lincoln, Ill.
- Kathleen Fincher, a sophomore music education major from Pacific, Mo.
- Rebecca Blumer, a sophomore music education major from Lombard, Ill.
- Lauren Rupert, a sophomore music education major from Naperville, Ill.
- Rebecca Buechel, a sophomore voice major from Joliet, Ill.
- Gwendolyn Akins, a freshman voice major from Leavenworth, Kan.
- Erica Werner, a freshman music theatre major from Lake Forest, Ill.
- Sean Leeds, a junior voice major from Erie, Ill.
- Akash Bhatia, a senior psychology and music double major from Naperville, Ill.
- Devin Johnston, a junior music education major from Bristol, Ill.
- Evan Dolan, a freshman music theatre major from Dubuque, Iowa
- Eric Sepulveda, a junior voice major from Las Vegas, Nev.
- Aaron Woodstein, a sophomore theatre design and technology major from Lincolnshire, Ill.
For additional information, contact the School of Music Office at (309) 556-3061.
Contact: Justin Feng, ‘15 (309) 556-3181, email@example.com