International Education Week
Nov. 6, 2012
BLOOMINGTON, Ill.— Illinois Wesleyan University will celebrate International Education Week Nov. 12-16, with activities throughout the week. Co-sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, and the U.S. Department of Education, International Education Week activities will occur worldwide. (See iew.state.gov for more information.) IWU events are sponsored by the International Office.
All events are free and open to the public. For more information contact Reenie Bradley, IWU international student/scholar advisor at (309) 556-3190 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
IWU Weeklong Events will include:
Memorial Center East Wall Display
- Habitat for Humanity: 36 years, 500,000 homes, 2.5 million people served.
- Postcards from Home: International students share photos from their home communities.
- Got Malaysian? Look around campus and start seeing signs in a new language.
- International Soup Selections from Sodexho Campus Services – Bertholf Commons and Faculty Staff Dining center.
Tuesday, November 13
- Belly Dance Demonstration featuring Imane Mansouri, Moroccan exchange student. Join us for mint tea and baklava in the Eckley Lounge, Memorial Center, at 4:00 p.m.
- Featured Academic Program: International Studies Colloquium:
"A Hero of our Time? The Gastarbeiter in Recent Russian Cinema,"
featuring Birgit Beumers, Ph.D., University of Bristol, UK, 4:00 p.m.,
Beckman Auditorium in The Ames Library.
Wednesday, November 14
- Study Abroad Mini Fair in the Dugout, Memorial Center, at 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Take The Global Quiz in the Bertholf Commons and Dugout area, during lunchtime.
Contact: Sherry Wallace (309) 556-3181