MUSE Undergraduate Literature Conference
Sept. 26, 2012
BLOOMINGTON, Ill.— Illinois Wesleyan University's Sigma Tau Delta will hold its annual Undergraduate Literary Conference on Saturday, Oct. 6 in the Center for Natural Science Learning and Research (CNS).
The event will begin with student presentations from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. This year students from IWU and three other universities from the area will be presenting. The presentations will include:
- Gender Issues and Discrimination, room E 103
- Values in Society, room E 104
- Making Sense of the World, room E 102
In addition to the student presentations there will be three professional panels
- Comparative literature in room E 104 at 10:45 a.m., panelists will include Isaac Funk Professor of German and Russian, and Director of International Studies Dr. Marina Balina, Byron S. Tucci Professor of Hispanic Studies Dr. Carolyn Nadeau, and Associate Professor of French & Italian Dr. Scott Sheridan
- Law in room E 106 at 2:15 a.m. panelists will include, Meghan E. Leonard, Jon D. McLaughlin, and Judson Strain.
- Education in room E 105 at 2: 15 a.m., the panelists will include Pennie Gray, Christine Pacyk, and Mary Jespersen.
The keynote address by Professor Marcy Dinius will be from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. in room C 101. Dinius recently joined the faculty at DePaul University in Chicago Ill. as an assistant professor of English. She received a doctorate from Northwestern University. Her book, The Camera and the Press: American Visual and Print Culture in the Age of the Daguerreotype, was published in July 2012 by the University of Pennsylvania Press.
Contact: Mallika Kavadi '15 (309) 556-3181, email@example.com