A Week for the Sophomores
Sept. 21, 2012
BLOOMINGTON, Ill.— From Sunday Sept. 23 to Friday Sept. 28 Illinois Wesleyan University will acknowledge the sophomores during the SophoMore week. The events and programs of the week will be designed to specially cater to the sophomores' needs. This is the fourth year that IWU has arranged SophoMore week. According to Matthew Damschroder, assistant dean of students for campus life, this is an opportunity that the school enjoys to help students in their second year consider the decisions that will shape the rest of their experience at
Departments participating in the events of the week include: the Office of Residential Life, Student Activities and Leadership Programs, the Dean of Students Office, Counseling and Consultation Services, Hart Career Center, Arnold Health Services, Evelyn Chapel, The Ames Library and the Academic Advising Center.
The week will begin with a kick-off dinner with President Wilson and other special guests, titled "Possibilities, Potential, and Purpose" at 5:30 p.m. on Sunday Sept. 23 at the Young Main Lounge of the Memorial Center (104 University St. Bloomington).
The events that will follow include:
• Monday, Sept. 24, 4p.m. Welcome Center Auditorium (1211 Park St. Bloomington): Chicago Urban Studies Information Session.
• Tuesday, Sept. 25, 4 p.m. Welcome Center Auditorium: Big City Internships at New York City, Washington D.C. Chicago
• Tuesday, Sept. 25, 7 p.m., Hansen Student Center Court (300 Beecher St. Bloomington.): Relationship Boot Camp
• Wednesday, Sept. 26, 3- 5 p.m., Joslin Atrium, Memorial Center: Majors and Minors Fair
• Thursday, Sept. 27, 4-7 p.m. Dug Out, Memorial Center: Spa and Serve
In addition to the week's events there will be information tables set from 11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. near the stairway to the Bertholf Commons and from 1-3 p.m. in the Commons area of Center for Natural Science Learning and Research. The tables will address issues faced by sophomores which will include "Challenges and Supports" on Monday, "Determining a Major" on Tuesday, "Campus Resources for Sophomores" on Wednesday and "Stress and Coping" on Thursday.
Contact: Mallika Kavadi'15 (309) 556-3181, firstname.lastname@example.org