McLane Receives Starkey Award
Aug. 24, 2012
BLOOMINGTON, Ill.—Patrick McLane is the 2012 winner of the Max L. Starkey Service
Award at Illinois Wesleyan University. The announcement was made by President Richard
F. Wilson at the Fall Breakfast held today in the Young Main Lounge of Memorial Center.
The Starkey Award, established in 2001, is presented to a member of the University
staff nominated by his or her peers for extraordinary service to Illinois Wesleyan.
It is named in honor of the late Max Starkey, a 1957 IWU graduate who was the University
comptroller from 1957 to 1996.
McLane, an instructional technologist who joined Illinois Wesleyan in 1991, keeps
professors up and running with technology in the classroom, and is the "go to" person
for multimedia systems at public events and other facilities across campus.
The Starkey Committee who chose McLane consists of former Illinois Wesleyan staff
and faculty. The committee members are:
- Roger Brucker, former office manager of Physical Plant
- Susan Anderson Freed, professor emerita of Computer Science
- Bob Mowery, professor emeriti of the Library
- Betty Hornbrook, former office coordinator II, MCLL, Hispanic Studies
- Mary Bible, former events coordinator for Alumni Relations
- John Westall, former faculty member at The Ames Library
Dana Starkey '94 and Tina Starkey Swingler '97, were also involved in the committee's
determination of the winner.
Contact: Sherry Wallace (309) 556-3181