International Education Week
Nov. 10, 2011
Bloomington, Ill. – Illinois Wesleyan University will celebrate International Education
Week with activities Nov. 14-18. Co-sponsored by the U.S. Department of State and
the U.S. Department of Education, International Education Week activities will occur
worldwide. For more information see http://iew.state.gov/.
The Illinois Wesleyan schedule of activities is listed below. All events are free
and open to the public.
- Wall Display – Memorial Center: Time Magazine’s Top 10 – A pictorial display of selected Top 10 lists from Time Magazines
- Got Arabic? Look around campus and start seeing office signs in a new language.
- Mini Study Abroad Fair – Wednesday, Nov. 16 in the DugOut, Memorial Center
- The Global Quiz – Wednesday, Nov. 16 in the Bertholf Commons and DugOut
- International Film Festival – Like Water For Chocolate showing on Thursday, Nov. 17 at 7 p.m. in the Beckman Auditorium of The Ames Library.
This 1992 award-winning story focuses on forbidden love, family traditions, food,
and multigenerational relationships. Reviews by Siskel and Ebert gave the movie “Two
Thumbs Up – Way Up” and Playboy Magazine said “Erotic and Delectable.” Like Water For Chocolate is in Spanish with English subtitles. The program will be hosted by Professor Christina
For more information contact Reenie Bradley, IWU international student/scholar advisor
at (309) 556-3190 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Natalya Grabavoy, ‘13 (309) 556-3181 email@example.com