Nov. 10, 2011
Bloomington, Ill. – Illinois Wesleyan University will celebrate International Education Week with activities Nov. 14-18. Co-sponsored by the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education, International Education Week activities will occur worldwide. For more information see http://iew.state.gov/.
The Illinois Wesleyan schedule of activities is listed below. All events are free and open to the public.
- Wall Display – Memorial Center: Time Magazine’s Top 10 – A pictorial display of selected Top 10 lists from Time Magazines
- Got Arabic? Look around campus and start seeing office signs in a new language.
- Mini Study Abroad Fair – Wednesday, Nov. 16 in the DugOut, Memorial Center
- The Global Quiz – Wednesday, Nov. 16 in the Bertholf Commons and DugOut
- International Film Festival – Like Water For Chocolate showing on Thursday, Nov. 17 at 7 p.m. in the Beckman Auditorium of The Ames Library. This 1992 award-winning story focuses on forbidden love, family traditions, food, and multigenerational relationships. Reviews by Siskel and Ebert gave the movie “Two Thumbs Up – Way Up” and Playboy Magazine said “Erotic and Delectable.” Like Water For Chocolate is in Spanish with English subtitles. The program will be hosted by Professor Christina Isabelli.
For more information contact Reenie Bradley, IWU international student/scholar advisor at (309) 556-3190 or via email at email@example.com.
Contact: Natalya Grabavoy, ‘13 (309) 556-3181 firstname.lastname@example.org