Illinois Wesleyan’s 2007 Fall Family Weekend
September 20, 2007
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. – IWU is giving parents the chance to be involved in a variety of
activities with their sons and daughters with the annual Fall Family Weekend. Sponsored
by the Student Senate and the Dean of Student’s Office, Fall Family Weekend will take
place from Sept. 28 to 30 throughout the campus community.
Families can check in at the Hansen Student Center (300 Beecher St., Bloomington)
from 4 to 7 p.m. on Sept. 28. Information regarding the weekend will be available,
as well as packets, which will include meal tickets, t-shirts, and other materials.
Following is a list of some of activities taking place over the weekend; for a complete
list of events, go to: http://www.iwu.edu/familyweekend/
• Sept. 28, 4:30-7:30 p.m., IWU’s The Taste: Hosted by the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority
on the Eckley Quadrangle. Stands from several Bloomington-Normal restaurants will
offer samples of their cuisines while activities sponsored by other fraternities and
sororities will provide entertainment.
• Sept. 28, 8-11 p.m.,
Shrek the Third
: The movie will be shown in the Hansen Student Center.
• Sept. 29, 11 a.m.-12 p.m., Sounds of IWU: Parents and students can witness the talents of IWU students at the Sounds of IWU
concert, organized by IWU senior music major William Dwyer. The concert will be held
in the Westbrook Auditorium in Presser Hall (1210 N. Park St.).
• Sept. 29, 12:30-5 p.m., Picnic Luau: Families will have a chance to socialize, enjoy
several games and activities, and share a large BBQ lunch served picnic style on the
• Sept. 29, 6 p.m., Football Game: IWU against Augustana at the Illinois Wesleyan
Stadium (300 Kelsey St., Bloomington). At halftime the Parent Fund will host a 50/50
raffle; all proceeds will go toward the IWU Parent Fund, which offers financial assistance
to students who have lost a financially supportive parent while enrolled at Illinois
• Sept. 29, 8:30-10:30 p.m., Hypnotist Fredrick Winters will perform at the Hansen
Student Center. For the past five years Winters has been a huge hit with the IWU community,
providing family-oriented comedy enjoyable for all ages.
• Sept. 30, 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Chapel Services: Parents and students are invited to attend a Catholic Mass, followed by a multi-denominational
service on Sunday, officiated by Rev. Hope Luckie at the Evelyn Chapel (1301 N. Parkway
• Sept. 30, 12-1:30 p.m., Brunch: Brunch will be available to students and their families
at the Bertholf Commons in the Memorial Center (104 E. University St., Bloomington).
Contact: Sehaj Sethi, (309) 556-3181