Technology Showcase to Visit IWU
October 2, 2007
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. – A mobile showcase featuring the latest in voice, data, and optical technology will visit the campus of Illinois Wesleyan University on Thursday, October 11 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Shirk Center parking lot (302 E. Emerson, Bloomington).
The event, which is designed for business leaders and IT professionals, is free and open to the public. Everyone is encouraged to register by Friday, Oct. 5, in order to provide an estimate of the number planning to attend. To register, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Nortel at (262) 792-5202. Walk-ins will be welcome at the event, however, lunch is not guaranteed without a registration.
Presented by Nortel NetworksXpress, the showcase offers the Bloomington-Normal community a chance to learn more about technological innovations. In addition to displaying voice and video communications solutions, Nortel will display private and commercial data management technology, LAN/WAN hardware and networking systems, and information on Contact Center 6.0, Nortel’s customer service management and call center software.
Following registration, visitors can tour the showcase, attend technology presentations, participate in prize drawings, and seek expert opinions on technology problems and solutions.
Scheduled events are:
• 8:00 a.m. Registration and Breakfast
• 8:45 a.m. Welcome and Introductions
• 9:00 a.m. Multi-Media Collaboration Solutions
• 9:45 a.m. Convergence Solutions
• 10:45 a.m. Break
• 11:00 a.m. Optical and Next Generation Network (PBB/PBT) Solutions
• 12:00 p.m. Lunch
• 1:00 p.m. Call Center Applications
• 2:00 p.m. Mobility Solutions for Education and Healthcare
• 2:45 p.m. Final Questions, Showcase Tour, and Drawings for Prizes
Contact: Renee K. Scherer, (309) 556-3181