IWU to Host Chamber Music Camp and Festival
January 17, 2006
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. - As part of its Summer Music Program, Illinois Wesleyan University
will host a Chamber Music Camp and Festival for strings, wind, harp and piano June
18 - July 2 in Presser Hall (1210 Park St., Bloomington).
The camp is open to high school and junior high school students who wish to participate
in intensive music training. The cost of tuition is $480 and room and board for overnight
students is an additional $460. Local students have the option of buying a lunch-only
meal plan for $115. Need-based scholarships are available.
The camp consists of intensive chamber music training that includes daily coaching,
rehearsals, master classes, and performances by students and faculty. In addition,
students will be able to choose elective classes which include: handbell choir, singing,
international dance, tennis and swimming.
For information call (309)556-3547. Applications for enrollment are available on the
Web at https://www.iwu.edu/music/k12/camp2.html
. The deadline for application is April 25, 2006.
Faculty for the Chamber Music Camp will include:
- Karen Lynne Deal, Illinois Symphony
- Michael Barta, professor, Southern Illinois University; Illinois Symphony Orchestra
- Tom Hall, Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- John Lindsey, professor, State University of New York/Potsdam
- Vadim Mazo, associate professor of music, Illinois Wesleyan University
- Julieta Mihai, concertmaster, Illinois Symphony Orchestra; Western Illinois University
- Lisa Nelson, Illinois Wesleyan University faculty; Illinois Symphony Orchestra
- Eugene Pazin, Chicago Lyric Opera
- Michael Hall, professor of viola, Illinois Wesleyan University
- Francisco Marchan, principal, Opera Illinois
- Nina Gordon, professor of cello and chamber music, Illinois Wesleyan University; principal,
Illinois Symphony Orchestra
- Mira Frisch, professor, Truman State University
- Susan Brandon, professor of piano, Illinois Wesleyan University
- Lawrence Campbell, professor of piano, Illinois Wesleyan University
- Mark Clinton, professor, University of Nebraska
- R. Kent Cook, professor of piano, Illinois Wesleyan University
- Joy Doran, Illinois Wesleyan University Piano Prep Department
- William West, professor of flute, Illinois Wesleyan University
Gordon is the artistic director of the camp, Nelson is the executive director and
Terrine Gomez is the artistic advisor.
Contact: Taylar Kuzniar, (309) 556-3181